NO NUCLEAR SUBMARINES
- a) Campaign plan – for all
Work to develop specific actions to involve the ALP left in the campaign; send letters to and/or ring all ALP Federal and State parliamentarians
Work to develop specific actions to involve environmental groups in the campaign
Work to develop specific actions to involve anti-nuclear groups in the campaign
Work towards a zoom rally in mid to late October
Work towards a National Day of Action in mid-December
PLUS as many of the actions listed below as possible.
- b) Campaign plan – in lockdown
- Poster – needs to be designed quickly. Can be pasted up during exercise; can be done individually and/or by different centres as preferred
- Leaflets – develop ones with local link (funding for hospital covid services, local school etc etc); maybe IPAN can produce a national one some people might prefer.
- Letters to MPS and Senators – provide a full list of addresses; links to politicians; possibly draft a form letter
- Letters to Morrison and Dutton — provide addresses; possibly draft a form letter
- Letters to local newspapers — possibly draft a form letter but better to send short personal ones, with local link if possible
- Social media campaign and use of the hashtags #HealthcareNotWarfare
We have to be aware that nuclear powered submarines have a component of upskilling boat building worker skills. It is very seductive for unions to swallow this bait and see it as jobs – we need to develop a sense that jobs should encourage positive growth for Australians, not in increasing killing ability. So a hashtag like #jobsfortheworld.
- Develop a briefing sheet to use to ring talkback radio.
- C) Campaign plan – no lockdown
All the above
Weekly pickets (1-2 hours) at a suitable location
Media releases about the pickets (maybe feature quotes from different speakers)